Hello everyone, just a quick update for you all today.
Today actually marks exactly 10 years to the date when our old Q400 first took concept, which kickstarted FlyJSim. I think it is therefore fitting that the changeover to the Q400 legacy occurred today.
We would like to stress… this is NOT the Q4XP… or Q400 V2/V3… or new Q (that comes much later.) As mentioned in our previous update, the Q400 legacy is our way of handing off the aircraft before its eventual retirement to its newer brother. Some astute people will have noticed some of the changes we uploaded yesterday, but here is a quick rundown.
- Updated to 11.35+ flight model. Now with increased drag and better handling
- Fixed engine start-up. This was an issue caused by system changes in 11.30 and should be back to the regular start-up procedure
- Physically Based Rendering textures. Exterior textures should now have a more believable glossiness and metalness effect.
- Menu graphics updated
- Manual graphics updated
- PFD colours changed. Should be much more vibrant to the eye.
- Startup sound volume reduced
We expect this to be the last update for the aircraft, and *should ensure it remains in a flyable state for the remainder of the X-Plane 11 life-span. We would like to thank all of you for putting up with us as we continue developing on the Q4XP. And on that topic… we believe FSElite will have a sneak preview for you all shortly :)
Oh and one final mention, the Rainman patch is currently progressing towards the end of its beta testing cycle, and should be coming along fairly soon.
Have a good summer holiday everyone!
*We say “should” in regards to updates beyond 11.35+. However we have no idea how X-Plane vulkan, or any flight-model/systems changes will affect all add-ons in the future. A great step towards securing the future of X-Plane, but also a case-scenario why we strongly advocate for flight-model versioning in the future. We want to keep you flying aircraft without compatibility issues.